If you have purchased MOT Failure cover as an optional extra to your policy, you can claim up to £750 if your car receives a VT30 (notification of refusal to issue an MOT certificate) and lists one or more of the following items as the reason for this:
- Lighting Equipment: Headlamps, front and rear side lamps, number plate illumination lamp, headlamp aim, stop lamps, rear reflectors, front and rear fog lamps, hazard warning lamps and control, direction indicator control, and indicator switch
- Steering and Suspension: Steering mechanism and system, power steering, transmission shafts, wheel bearings, front and rear suspension and shock absorbers, suspension drag link, track rod ends, suspension springs, wishbones, swivel joints, suspension mountings; and sub frame
- Brakes: Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, load compensator, ABS modulator/sensors, electronic control unit; and hoses and cables
- Seats and Seatbelts: Operation and security of the seatbelt system and mountings
- Fuel System: Carburettor, fuel injection, engine management unit or sensor replacement directly as a result of calibration failure to meet MOT exhaust emission standard
- General Items: Horn, speedometer, windscreen wipers (excluding wiper blades, rubbers and washers).
To make a MOT claim, please call 0333 241 9572 (open 24 hours a day, seven days a week), quoting ‘MOT’.
You can find full details of your cover in your policy documents, which can be found via your online account or here.
Keywords: optional extras, MOT, MOT fail, repairs, claim, cover, add-on