Failing an MOT can be a costly experience for anybody. We offer MOT Failure cover as an optional extra to your policy for just £24.90, meaning you can claim up to £500 if your car receives a VT30 (notification of refusal to issue an MOT certificate) and lists one or more of the following items as the reason for this:
- Lighting Equipment: Headlamps, front and rear side lamps, number plate illumination lamp, headlamp aim, stop lamps, rear reflectors, front and rear fog lamps, hazard warning lamps and control, direction indicator control, and indicator switch
- Steering and Suspension: Steering mechanism and system, power steering, transmission shafts, wheel bearings, front and rear suspension and shock absorbers, suspension drag link, track rod ends, suspension springs, wishbones, swivel joints, suspension mountings; and sub frame
- Brakes: Master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, load compensator, ABS modulator/sensors, electronic control unit; and hoses and cables
- Seats and Seatbelts: Operation and security of the seatbelt system and mountings
- Fuel System: Carburettor, fuel injection, engine management unit or sensor replacement directly as a result of calibration failure to meet MOT exhaust emission standard
- General Items: Horn, speedometer, windscreen wipers (excluding wiper blades, rubbers and washers).
As MOTs are not necessary on vehicles under 3 years of age, this cover is only available for vehicles 3 years old and over. Additionally, this cover is not available for left-hand drive vehicles.
You can add this cover to your quote with us, or if you've already purchased your policy you can log onto your online account, or call us on 01733 308235 if you'd like to add it on.
Keywords: add-on, breakdown, cover, change my policy, MOT, repairs