If you need to make a home insurance claim, please follow the below steps. These conditions do not apply to family legal protection where separate conditions apply.
To make your claim with us, please call our claims helpline on 0333 241 9566.
When making a claim, you and your family must comply with the following claims conditions to have the full protection of your policy. If you or your family do not comply with them, the insurer may decide to cancel the policy, or refuse to deal with your claim or reduce the amount of any claim payment. The conditions are:
Report suspected theft or malicious damage
If property is lost to theft or malicious damage is suspected, you should immediately inform the police and obtain a crime or lost property reference number. Failure to do this may invalidate your claim.
Check your policy
We recommend that you check your policy cover. Check that the loss or damage is covered. The policy contains details of what is covered and how claims are settled.
You should also:
- Take all reasonable steps to recover missing property
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further damage
When you contact us, we will:
- Take details of the loss;
- Notify the loss to the insurer;
- Where necessary arrange for someone to call or contact you by phone as soon as possible to discuss your claim. This person may be one of the insurer’s own claims staff or an independent chartered loss adjuster.
Keywords: no claims discount, NCD, NCB, no claims bonus, claim, protection, home insurance, damage, incident